Wednesday 14 July 2010

Critique and Technique.


I went to the second of two day art classes today, given at the Rebecca Hill Modern Art gallery by local artist Ali Cockrean.
I was quite inspired by her work in acrylics, and learned a bit about applying paint with more texture. It's always useful to find out about other artists and their different styles and ways of doing things. We did a bit of colour mixing this morning which was something I needed to learn more about. Later I produced a quick painting of a dragon flying over some mountains. It's only small, but this is my first vaguely presentable picture done in acrylics in a long time. I was always fonder of oil and have made the transition to digital of late, though I like to keep my hand in with traditional art.

No comments:

Post a Comment